My May Media Diet
Inspired by Kottke, I wanted to put together a blog post of media I consumed in May 2022.
Here are some things I watched / listened to in May that I enjoyed:
📺️ Television #
- Couples Therapy (Showtime) - I devoured Couples Therapy when the 3rd season premiered. If you know me, you know that I love therapy (even if it doesn't love me back, lolsob), and Couples Therapy is literally just televised couples therapy sessions.
- Breeders (Hulu) - Come for Martin Freeman portraying a disappointingly realistic father, stay for the actress playing his mom saying "Paul..."
- Veneno (HBO Max) - Don't watch this if you can't handle big ol' fake boobs all over your screen. But for real: I laughed, I cried, I felt. Excellent queer media, and it's in Spanish! 🏳️⚧️
- Top Chef (Bravo, via iTunes) - I was hoping Beyoncé would make an appearance since this season was in Houston, but alas... Still a very enjoyable season, though!
- RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars All Winners (Paramount+) - At this point Drag Race is omnipresent, but the all winners season has been a standout! The queens are all amazing, and it's so refreshing to just see people do well. It's fully fan service in the best way.
🎶 Music #
- Arcade Fire - WE - So maybe I'm just in a bad place right now, or maybe this album is really good? I don't know. All I know is that these assholes have me singing along to a song called Unconditional II (Race and Religion) and it makes every bone in my socially anxious white body ache.
- Glass Animals - Dreamland - Alright, I'm late to this one and I am ashamed. The whole album is nice, but I could just listen to Space Ghost Coast To Coast, Tokyo Drifting, and Your Love (Déjà Vu) on repeat.
I haven't been enjoying any books recently, so I unfortunately have nothing to report there.
Anyway, I blogged about shit I watched. Maybe I'll do it again sometime.